The original site of the Crockett property was located in 1949. A replica of the Crockett family water well was built on the site of the original water well. The Hamblin County Chapter of the Association for the Preservation of Tennessee Antiquities (APTA) decided they wanted to build a Museum on that same site for the 1955 Morristown City Centennial celebration.
The Museum is in the form of a replica of the tavern that was owned by John and Rebecca Crockett, the parents of Davy Crockett. The Crocketts built the tavern on a stage coach route. The tavern also was the Crockett family home, where John, Rebecca and their nine children lived.
Jerusalem Mill Village,
located on the north bank of Little Gunpowder Falls
is about 25 miles northeast of Baltimore, Maryland.