Imagine my surprise when I looked at a comment and it was a nomination for the Liebster Award! I have no acceptance speech ready! What should I wear on the Red Carpet??
Thank you Arlene at Arl’s World for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I have been visiting Arlene’s blog for several weeks and think that it’s a wonderful blog. I discovered Arlene’s blog through Cee’s Photo challenges. I am glad to accept the Leibster Award. It’s a great way for us Newbies to introduce ourselves and a few of our favorite other Newbies to the blogging world. If you haven’t seen it, go check it out. http://arlsworld.wordpress.com/
Part of accepting this award is answering questions chosen for you by the person who nominated you.
Here are my questions from Arl’s World:
1. What do you want to accomplish by blogging?
What I hope to accomplish is to show people that the world is an interesting place if you step outside your comfort zone and explore. Go down that dead end road, my most memorable dead end was 14 miles long and had an amazing sandy beach at the end with Sand Dollars on the beach. See what’s behind that strip mall, we got snoopy early on Saturday morning and found a horse in a corral with a small red barn, inside the city limits, who woulda knew!
2. What household chore do you hate the most?
What do I hate the most? That’s easy. I hate washing dishes. And I am the luckiest woman in the world because my Prince in shining armor has the dishpan hands. Between hubby and the dishwasher I never have to do the dishes!
3. What is your favorite memory from growing up?
My favorite memory is our family Sunday drives. Mom would pack a picnic and we (Mom, Dad, 2 brothers and I) would pile into the car. I’m not sure if Dad had a place planned or if he just backed out of the driveway and picked a place off the top of his head, but we all had fun.
4. What’s your favorite TV show and why?
This one is hard to answer. It’s a toss up between Big Bang Theory, NCIS and Murder She Wrote.
5. What is your favorite thing about blogging and why?
I absolutely love to share the photos I have taken of the places we have traveled and things that I think are unique and/or interesting. Why? I guess I’m just a big ham and like showing them.
6. If you had to move to another country RIGHT NOW what country would you pick and why?
Hmm…… toss up time again. I actually have been trying to convince hubby to move to either Ecuador or the Philippines. Ecuador because I have fond memories. I lived there as a child. The mountains are magnificent, the lifestyle is laid back and the old world Spanish architecture is beautiful and romantic. The Philippines because the people are the friendliest on earth, the shopping is fantastic and it’s an awesome place for beachcombing!
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years and what are you doing?
Almost retired and making plans for a move to one of the countries in #6.
8. What super power would you choose to have?
It’s not a super power to most but it is to me. I am horribly afraid of heights. Having no fear of heights would be a super power for me. I would love to be up high and be able to look at the tops of things, like looking down at a mountain river with boulders in it from a bridge.
9. What is your guilty pleasure?
Donuts…..3 or 4 times a year we (Hubby and I) give in, go to Ray’s Donuts and buy 2 or 3 donuts each…..on a Saturday or Sunday morning. We have coffee in our travel mugs and we drive around eating donuts and drinking coffee.
10. What famous person would you like to meet?
I would like to sit and chat over tea with Queen Victoria. She was a powerful woman that created changes to the world that are still with us today.
Now it’s my turn to nominate some of my favorite bloggers and blogs. I like them ALL for the same reason. Their blogs have diversity. Their stories/poems are well written and interesting. They have wonderful photos. (I am very attracted to blogs with pictures). Because of these things they hold my interest and keep me coming back. They are under no obligation to accept the award.
Rules for the Nominees:
If you are nominated for a Liebster Award and choose to accept, this is what you should do:
1. Post the award on your blog
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
3. Answer the questions given to you by the nominator
4. Nominate 5 to 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers
5. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
6. Notify your nominees by posting on their blog
If you choose to accept, here are your questions:
1. When did you start blogging and why?
2. What is your favorite post and why. (add link)
3. Is the reality of blogging what you imagined it would be and why.
4. Coffee or tea?
5. How many times do you publish per week?
6. Is this your first blog?
7. Where did you go on your last vacation?
8. What is your favorite breakfast?
9. Do you like Challenges and why?
10. Do you think you will still be blogging two years from now?
Again, Arlene, Thank You for the nomination, I am so happy that you thought my blog was worthy of this award. I had not expected to get any kind of award being only two months old so I am so glad that there is a Liebster Award. Congratulations to all the nominees and fellow bloggers, you all do a great job every day!
My favorite books from childhood are a series called The Happy Hollisters. A family with either 5 or 6 kids that traveled and the kids solved mysteries.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
I was so grateful when we bought a new stove last week. Ours was 30 years old. The burners worked but the oven has been off for years. It was delivered yesterday. I am really looking forward to learning how to use it this week, it has so many settings. It’s like going from a Rotary phone to a Smartphone!